National Young Audiences Arts for Learning (New York, NY)
Young Audiences, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to helping the broad network of Young Audiences Arts for Learning affiliates play a decisive role in young people’s education and development. Located in New York, NY, we offer a rewarding and inclusive work environment for talented professionals who are innovative, hardworking, and eager to play an integral role within a small but mighty team.
The National Office of Young Audiences Arts for Learning, Young Audiences, Inc., seeks a creative and enthusiastic student or recent graduate for a summer internship opportunity. This role will support Young Audiences, Inc.’s efforts related to online learning, virtual convenings, advocacy, and digital communications. The intern will get hands-on experience in multiple facets of running a national nonprofit as a remote team and will have opportunities for networking in the national arts education field.
Young Audiences, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to inspire young people and expand their learning through the arts. Operating as the headquarters of the national Young Audiences Arts for Learning network, Young Audiences, Inc. seeks to empower our affiliates to play a decisive role in education and development of children and youth across the country. Located in New York City but working remotely currently, Young Audiences, Inc. strives to offer a rewarding and inclusive work experience for learners of all backgrounds who have an interest in the field of arts education and in playing an integral role within a small, but mighty team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support planning and execution of online events and convenings, including professional learning programs, fundraising events, and others as needed
- Assist with the ongoing development and administration of YA’s online learning management system, Learn.YA.org, including course building, user administration, and documentation of resources
- Research and draft compelling written content and copy for inclusion on YA’s website, newsletter, social media channels, and other communications
- Engage actively and post frequently on YA’s social media channels
- Provide program support for YA’s National Residency Teaching Artist Credential initiative
- Assist with the organization and maintenance of digital photo galleries and archival documents
- Assist with ongoing contact data entry and maintenance for YA’s constituent management system
Specifications and Requirements
This internship will be completed both virtually and in person at the YA National Office. Intern will need access to a computer and an internet connection to complete the internship duties. Weekly commitment is 3 days per week.
Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate, who demonstrates an interest in gaining hands-on experience in nonprofit administration with a national arts education organization.
Young Audiences, Inc. has an organizational commitment to equity. We are working to become an antiracist organization, and we ask every member of our team to bring a racial equity lens to all aspects of our work. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, especially people whose experiences and perspectives are underrepresented in the arts, education, and nonprofit fields.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Emily House at [email protected].
Young Audiences, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. It is our intention that all qualified applications be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.